3D Printer Cost
3D printer is a device which can transform your ideas into solid objects. 3D Printing was seriously an expensive technology some years ago. But, from the last 4 to 6 years the price of 3D printers has broken down noticeably. Now varieties of 3D printers are available with different technologies to fulfill latest needs.
Before the rise of 3D Printers, the work had been done by cutting the material into wanted shapes. But this traditional technique was less effective and accurate. Then, the 3D Printers were introduced and now you can see the real miracle. It saves a lot of time and material with very less effort compared to traditional cutting methods.
3D Printing and 3D Printer
3D Printing makes solid objects from digital model files. There are several different types of 3D printing technologies which aim to create a desired object with the help of layering technique. 3D printers are becoming famous due to its efficient and convenient characteristics.
Types of 3D printers with following technologies:
- Stereolithography (SLA)
- Digital Light Processing (DLP)
- Selective Laser Melting (SLM)
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS)
- Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- Electron Beam Melting (EBM)
- Laminated Object Manufacturing (LOM)
- Material Jetting (MJ)
- Binder Jetting (BJ)
Some industrial and professional 3D printers are equipped with multiple technologies to work faster and effective with sharp quality. The high-quality printers are made in such a way to produce no to minimum wastage.
Applications of 3D Printers
You must be aware about some uses of 3D Printers but, let’s have brief info. 3D printers are widely used in every industry, developing field and business. This is all because of its decreased rates, precision and accuracy of work. It takes less time and a smaller number of employees to get your work done. Moreover, 3D printers don’t give wastage whereas the old cutting techniques are all about cutting and shaping, which causes a lot of wastage.
It is used for manufacturing different types of molds and models.
Major uses of 3D printers are as below:
- Manufacturing applications such as additive and Rapid manufacturing, Rapid prototyping.
- Medical applications like Bioprinting, Pharmaceuticals, Forensic science and also in making medical devices.
- Industrial applications as in Apparel, Automotive industries, Constructions, Computers and Robots, Sensors and Actuators etc.
- Other applications in Art and Jewelry, Domestics, Education and Research, Environments, Cultural heritage and much more.
Cost for 3D printer
The average cost of a non-professional 3D Printer is about $1000.
There are 3D Printers which are used for different types of purposes like for hobby, small scale business, Industrial usage etc.
Cost of a 3D Printer varies according to the factors below given:
- Speed and Quality
Higher the expectations from the printer, the higher it will cost.
- A low-level cheapest 3D Printer costs $200 to $600
- A medium level 3D Printer costs less than $2000.
- A high-quality professional 3D Printer costs about $3500 to $8000.
- A huge and accurate 3D Printer for industrial use costs more than $25000.
Buying a 3D Printer is not one-time investment. It takes several kinds of maintenance and filament installation costs. Medium level 3D printers can tolerate daily usage but they are not prone to stand by continuous and constant usage. Professional printers come with good speed, better quality and much durable activeness but they give a big amount of bill for maintenance and repairing.
Here is the list of some obvious additional expenses:
- Cost of licensing 3D printing software
- Routine maintenance
- Cost of material filament used for printing
How to save
- A less speedy printer would give good quality of output.
- Choose a model with trustworthy warranty.
- 3D Printers with FDM technology are cheaper.
- Beginners should select a less featured 3D Printer and Open-source software for practicing.
Avoid running the printer continuously and give enough rest after each task.