Cholesterol Test Cost
A cholesterol test is also known as a lipid panel or lipid profile. The test is performed to know the amount of cholesterol and triglycerides in a person’s blood. Cholesterol is a thin, waxy fat that our body requires to work well. Extra cholesterol level may cause:
- Heart illness
- Atherosclerosis, a clogging or crystallization of your veins
And that’s why after 35, every man has to check his cholesterol level and after 45 every woman has to do it. And the people under these ages have to do cholesterol check-up every 5 years.
What does a Cholesterol Test Case Cost
For Cholesterol Test Case include a blood test that needs only a few minutes and is almost painless. It’s normally done at a diagnostic laboratory. You can do this test in a routine doctor visit, at a pharmacy, or home also.
- Generally, a Cholesterol Test costs anywhere between $50 to $100 and this cost normally covers the lab costing and their service costs.
- A local pharmacy center costs $7 to $22 for a Cholesterol Test Case and there are generally come to the office to get your blood sample.
- There are generally two kinds of home cholesterol tests like it completely done at the home and another type is like reports are sent to a laboratory to do. So, if you want to test at home then it generally costs $15–$25 andtests which are sending to and from lab to home add additional charges which finally costs $20–$30.
- You can also buy transferable digital meters to test a person’s cardiovascular fitness. The meters usually test cholesterol levels using test strips and this meter is typically available at $75–$200. Around 2-3 Strips are available with a meter so you have to buy other strips which may cost you about $10-$20 to a strip of a packet which covers 3 strips generally. There are many types of meters also available like electronically metered and paper strips meters and electronically meter costs more than the paper test strip.
- It also depends on which city you are like
- As per Cast light Health, in New York City, a cholesterol test can cost as few as $14 or as many as $1,070 and it depending on where you are going to do it.
- In Chicago, the costs range from $50 or up to $423
So, the Cholesterol test cases vary as per the doctors’ visits charge, methods, and tests, location, etc.
How to Save Money in a Cholesterol Test?
As we can see here, the cost of cholesterol tests vary a lot. So, to save money and get affordable cholesterol test costs, recognize what your purposes are for cholesterol testing. Like you have any cholesterol-related issue? Or you are just caring about your health and want to do? So as per your requirement, a cholesterol report may cost you. You can save your money by checking their website online to get the best offers and discounts. You can use your flexible spending account (FSA) or any other health policies.