Discover the Cost of Traveling to Maldives – Your Essential Guide
Have you ever wished for a home which is covered by water rather than land, riding a boat rather than a car, feeling the silken water touch your feet, then the islands of Maldives are the perfect place for you. The beauty of marine life is a thrilling & rejuvenating experience which will stay back with you for a lifetime. The islands of Maldives, snuggled between 1200 odd islands, one of the most beautiful places located at the south-west of Sri Lanka and 1000 KM away from the Asian continent. You can’t stop yourself to jump into the water after watching clean blue ocean and wide spreader white sand beaches, that is why Maldives is specially known for its water activities such as scuba diving, snorkelling, fishing etc.
Maldives Travel Cost
The cost of traveling to Maldives can vary depending on various factors such as the time of the year, the duration of the trip, the type of accommodation, the mode of transportation, and the activities planned during the trip.
Here’s a rough breakdown of the costs for traveling to Maldives:
- Flights: The cost of round-trip flights from major cities in the United States can range from $700 to $1,500 per person depending on the time of the year.
- Accommodation: The cost of accommodation can range from $50 per night for a budget guesthouse to $1,000+ per night for luxury resorts.
- Food: The cost of food can range from $10 to $50 per meal depending on where you eat.
- Transportation: The cost of transportation within Maldives can vary depending on the mode of transportation. Ferry rides can cost as low as $2 per ride, while seaplane rides can cost $400 or more.
- Activities: The cost of activities such as snorkeling, diving, and excursions can range from $50 to $500 per person depending on the activity.
Overall, a 7-day trip to Maldives for two people can cost anywhere from $2,500 to $10,000 or more depending on the level of luxury and the activities planned during the trip.
How can you save money?
1) Book flights from regional airlines
Landing into the Maldives by plane from your homeland would be expensive sometimes. In order to save money, you can book your flight from either Asia or the middle East as they offer cheaper flight rates with great offers such as flat off or cashback.
2) Choose local guesthouse
Homestay accommodation is the best way to save money which you can easily find through websites. Many guesthouses often offer excursions that you can enjoy any time as per your convenience. Scuba diving or snorkelling with your host is a good idea to go as you can enjoy it however long you wish.
3) Use ferries
You can discover Maldives atolls through a public ferry which usually you can get from Male. Fair depends upon the distance of Island ranging from $5 to $25. However public ferry is very cheap but it is infrequent, once or twice in a week only. Do some research about ferries beforehand so you can plan your journey accordingly because without planning island hopping is difficult.
4) Dine out over dine in
Though, average food cost in Maldives is $50, almost budget friendly, but at end of day every cent matter because street food would cost only $20 a day. For example, if you stay for a week there, you can easily save $180 which is not a bad deal.