Cost Of Pest Control
Pest Control is very important if you want to be insect and animal free this summer. Pest Control Professionals can perform prevention treatment along with pest removal. All states vary on their laws involving chemicals and pest removal methods, but depending on your location and Pest Control Company, the pests will either be killed on site or caught alive and transported to a safe destination. If you are dealing with insect problems such as roaches or ants, a pest control company will treat the premises to rid of the pests and then most likely follow up every quarter with preventative treatment.
Factors of Cost
There are so many elements that influence the overall cost of pest control but the main factors are the pest control company you’re working with, type of pest that needs to be removed, and the extent and complexity of the infestation.
- Small pests like spiders and other insects that invade your home are going to be the easiest to kill. Depending on the state you live in will depend on which insecticide the professional will use to protect your home from spiders. The spray will kill spiders and other insects in seconds once they come in contact with the spray. Some of these sprays can be used indoors for spot treatment and outdoors for perimeter treatment and can provide up to 3 months of protection. A situation. A treatment like this will cost between $100 and $500 depending on the size of your property.
- Cockroaches and ants are just about as simple to get rid of. For these pests, the professional will set out bait, either in granular or gel form, and the bug will eat it. Once it comes in contact with the bait, the pest will take it back to the colony, distributing the poison to everyone including the queen. A less complex situation like this will cost between $45 and $500 depending on the severity of the infestation.
- Rodents can be killed by using traps and glue boards or can be caught alive using life mouse traps. If the rodents are caught alive, they can be transported to a safe destination far away so they don’t die. These methods are more complex as placement of traps is crucial; that will cause the cost to go up to somewhere between $100 and $1,000.
- Larger animals are typically caught and released elsewhere but occasionally a pest control company will actually use poison to kill an animal such as a raccoon. The cost of a large animal will start around $150 and then go up from there depending on the complexity and animal.
- Bed Bugs are one of the most challenging pests to get rid of due to their size and how fast they reproduce. Insecticides and Insect Growth Regulators will need to be used to prevent the larva from hatching and also killing the adults. The cheapest you will be able to find bed bug treatment will be around $200 and go up as high as $5,000 per treatment.
Some companies do not include the first inspection cost as part of the overall quote. To have a professional company come out and take a look at the issue will range around $35-$75 which will not include any treatments.
After a pest treatment, you will want to keep up on the problem year round or else it could turn into another infestation. Most companies will recommend a yearly preventative plan which can cost up to $200 per quarter.
Ways to Save Money
There are so many small pest control problems that can be treated by do it yourself methods. There are many affordable pest control companies that provide homeowners with professional products, such as Optimal Pest Control. Solutions that are easily taken care of without a professional include rodents, ants, and spiders. This will save you all the labor costs that are included with a professional.